Hi Jim,

On Mar 7, 2008, at 12:10 AM, [EMAIL PROTECTED] wrote:

> Ludovic writes:
>> Note that our handling of multilinguism is different than Wikiepdia.
>> Wikipedia links documents on the same subject in different wikis (one
>> per language).
>> In XWiki we make one document have multiple languages. The same URL
> will
>> have different content.
>
>> By default the user will receive the one that has the lanugage of its
>> browser.
>
> So as you probably know, our European brethren's ability to read other
> languages is better than that of the new world ;-)
>
> Is it easy/possible to switch between language pages on the same url?
> (German user wants to read the English version)
>
> I see the Language flag in the upper right hand corner - is that how
> you
> switch? What happens to attachments, comments etc...
>
> PS: Vincent - the documentation page you linked to is not clear (to
> me)
> on this use case.

I've updated it on http://platform.xwiki.org/xwiki/bin/view/Features/I18N
. I hope it's better now ;)

PS: Guys, it would be cool if we all had the habit of improving the
documentation before answering to someone so that the time we take in
writing the email with the answer is actually spent on improving the
doc since that'll help everyone at the same time without costing much.
If we can do this for all user's questions we'll have rock solid
documentation on xwiki.org ;)