Hi, have you considered changing WEB-INF/hibernate.cfg.xml? I've changed
"xwiki" with "xwiki_dev" in the following lines:

<property
name="connection.url">jdbc:mysql://localhost/xwiki?useServerPrepStmts=false</property>
<property name="connection.username">xwiki</property>
<property name="connection.password">xwiki</property>

and in the steps from
http://platform.xwiki.org/xwiki/bin/view/AdminGuide/InstallationMySQL and
now I have:

http://localhost:8080/xwiki for xwiki scheme
http://localhost:9090/xwiki for xwiki_dev scheme

running simultaneously. Hope that helps.

Marius