Hello Riccardo,

I was actually exactly like u a month ago and now I just finished my own skin:).

I will try to give u some tips that might help you with the customization.

First of all use the toucan skin as its very easy to customize its style.

Download firebug http://www.getfirebug.com/ to use it with firefox. Using
firebug you can simply using the mouse identify the location of each element in
the CSS style file.

After this you will need to change in the templates for the pages but I would
say start and play around with firebug and try to change the style of the skin.

Feel free to ask if u have any further questions. I know its painful in the
beginning but its quiet easy after that.

Cheers,

Hosam