Thanks Sergiu,

Sergiu Dumitriu wrote:
> As I know, unsigned applets cannot access random resources on the web,
> but just from the original server, so there's no way an external file
> would work. This is a security feature of the applets, and there's
> nothing we can do about it.
>
> We could have a kind of proxy on the server that fetches external
> mindmap files and returns them to the applet, so, for example, instead
> of using an external URL, we would use
> /xwiki/bin/view/MindMap/FetchExternal?url=http://www.example.com/my.mm
>
> But still, from the screenshot I see that Uwe's file was local, and not
> remote. Could it be just a broken mindmap file?

I get this message only from remote maps. Perhaps Uwe could share his
file to test it here. Or he could try with any of the maps available at
http://freemind.sourceforge.net/wiki/index.php/Mind_Map_Gallery

 From an user point of view here, I think it will be easier to upload
the file as an attachment instead of loading it from a remote site.
Remote files will be great while freely available, as if stored in
/~public_html folders, but if stored in restricted access directories we
will be forced to face again the "pass username and password in the URL"
issue.

Cheers,

Ricardo

--