Hello again,

seems my previous ldap problem is corrected (a mix of using "old" LDAP
auth class + duplicate deploy under different names in test env).

However, now that ldap connects properly to server, i have the following
problem:

2008-03-31 14:00:17,931
[http://localhost:8080/xwiki/bin/loginsubmit/XWiki/XWikiLogin]
[http-8080-Processor4] ERROR LDAP.XWikiLDAPAuthServiceImpl   - LDAP
authentication failed.
LDAPException: Invalid Credentials (49) Invalid Credentials
LDAPException: Matched DN:
    at com.novell.ldap.LDAPResponse.getResultException(Unknown Source)
    at com.novell.ldap.LDAPResponse.chkResultCode(Unknown Source)
    at com.novell.ldap.LDAPConnection.chkResultCode(Unknown Source)
    at com.novell.ldap.LDAPConnection.bind(Unknown Source)
    at com.novell.ldap.LDAPConnection.bind(Unknown Source)
    at
com.xpn.xwiki.user.impl.LDAP.XWikiLDAPAuthServiceImpl.authenticate(XWikiLDAPAuthServiceImpl.java:243)

Am not sure to understand fully, but it seems that LDAP auth class is
prefereing some property in XWiki.<username> to the xwiki.cfg. The
property in question is "ldap_dn".  I don't know exactly what it's
supposed to contain (can someone gime an example?). I saw it's presence
in "xwiki.authentication.ldap.fields_mapping", which tells how to map
ldap attributes to xwiki attributes. However, i have no idea which ldap
attribute am supposed to map there. The default value was for active
directory, we don't use active directory. My problem is that, currently,
it's set to an empty string in xwiki database, and the ldap class don't
like it very much.