Did you solve this?

I got the same problem when upgrading from 1.1 M4 to 1.1.2. When editing
global and space rights, the button "add access right entry" in the
GlobalRightsEditorWelcome panel was missing.

I found a workaround to this by opening the WebPreferences page for the
space a wanted to add access rights to,  selecting "edit objects", and
added a  XWiki.XWikiGlobalRights object to the page.

Today, when looking closer into this, I found that this misbehaviour has
something to do with the $xwiki.rightsmanager.defaultUi variable. This
variable tells which gui to use for acces management. By inspecting the
code of the GlobalRightsEditorWelcome panel, I found that the button
only is showed when the following condition is true:
  #if ($xwiki.rightsmanager.defaultUi == "stable")
But for som reason, this variable was undefined, all though I had
"xwiki.rights.defaultUi = new" in xwiki.cfg. What is the relationship
between xwiki.rightsmanager.defaultUi and xwiki.rights.defaultUi ? I
suspect a typo..  I've never seen the new access right manager in my
wiki, so there is obviously something wrong here..

However, by modifying the condition:
 #if(!($xwiki.rightsmanager.defaultUi) || $xwiki.rightsmanager.defaultUi
== "stable")
everything is back to normal.