I think the easiest thing would just be to abstract the  Mail  Session
source in the mailsender by  configuring a  Session Object in the App
Server  and  referencing via jndi.
In Tomcat this can be done like so:
CONTEXT.xml:
    <Resource
        name="mail/xwikiMSession"
        auth="Container"
        type="javax.mail.Session"
        mail.transport.protocol="smtp"
        mail.smtp.host="mail.ngasi.com"
       [EMAIL PROTECTED]
        mail.smtp.password=coolgeek
    />

JNDI:
   Session session = null;
    Context initCtx = new InitialContext();
     session = (Session) initCtx.lookup("java:comp/env/mail/xwikiMSession");

Jean-Vincent Drean wrote:
> SMTP authentication is not supported by the mailsender plugin, this
> would be an appreciated contribution :)
>
> On Fri, May 30, 2008 at 3:44 PM, Hosam Hassan <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
>
>> Hello guys,
>>
>> I need to send emails and notifcations from the XWiki. Problem is that xwiki
>> can't configure password for SMTP user. This is impossible in my case to
>> cancel the passsword for the SMTP server.
>>
>> Will I need to write my own plugin for that or its possible to do that in
>> someway?
>>
>> Cheers,
>>
>> Hosam

Regards

Gabe Wong
NGASI AppServer Manager
JAVA AUTOMATION and SaaS Enablement
http://www.ngasi.com
NEW! 8.1 - Centrally manage Application Servers across multiple physical servers