Hi Lilianne,

On Jun 6, 2008, at 2:51 AM, Lilianne E. Blaze wrote:

> Hello,
> 1) What's the status of change from Apache Commons Net Mail to
> JavaMail?
> It seems MailSenderPlugin.java is more or less ready but XWiki.java
> still uses the old code?
>
> 2) Are there any plans to allow for SMTP Authentication?

We'd love to see contributions in these 2 areas. With good patches it
can be done real quick.
Right now I don't know anyone from the xwiki dev team working on it. I
guess we're all using the new MailSender plugin and we haven't had the
need for SMTP authentication. I do agree it would be nice to support it.

Make sure you vote for this issue in jira. All the popular issues
surface up on
http://jira.xwiki.org/jira/browse/XWIKI?report=com.atlassian.jira.plugin.system.project:popularissues-panel

  and the xwiki devs use this list to guide their work (amongst other
things).

> 3) Is there a way to enforce some kind of turing test on register?

Not sure what you mean. We do have automated functional tests on
register though. What's missing?