Hi!

Setting correct configuration to Tomcat connectors and
hibernate.cfg.xml solved the problem. THANKS!
 Quoting Jean-Vincent Drean : Hi,
 Using 1.4 or 1.4.1 ?
 Have you followed the following guide to switch you install to UTF-8
?
 http://platform.xwiki.org/xwiki/bin/view/AdminGuide/Encoding
 Can you detail your configuration ? Database, Servlet container ?
 If you're using 1.4.1 this seems to could be related to :
 http://jira.xwiki.org/jira/browse/XWIKI-2422
 fix applied : http://tinyurl.com/5ntkjk
 The reason for this filtering comes from the windows CP1252 charset
 which extends the iso-8859-1 charset.
 Since those chars aren't correctly saved in a iso-8859-1 database
 we've decided to transform them (into the corresponding entity) at
the
 highest level.
 On Wed, Jun 11, 2008 at 1:21 PM, Mihails Agafonovs  wrote:
 > Hi!
 >
 > Using XWiki 1.4, I've tried to search something with latvian
symbols,
 > e.g. š ā ķ ļ ē ņ, but the Search just screws all those
 > symbols as a result getting "latvieÅ¡u vÄ rds"
and
 > search failure (nothing found).
 > The charset I'm using is UTF-8, and in preferences defined
languages
 > are: en lv. I can create pages with name and content using latvian
 > symbols, and works fine.
 >
 > P.S. In version 1.3, I couldn't even save the page, when writing
 > something in latvian, getting an exception error.
 >  Ar cieņu, Mihails
 Ar cieņu, Mihails

Links:
------