From: [EMAIL PROTECTED] [mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED] On Behalf
Of Graeme West
Sent: 12 June 2008 13:02
To: XWiki Users
Subject: [xwiki-users] New install problem: 404 from Tomcat

Hi all,
Just attempted to deploy the XWiki 1.4 .WAR distribution into Tomcat
5.5.20, using PostgreSQL, and I'm getting a 404 error when I try to load
the Xwiki main page.

I deployed the wiki by dropping the .war file into the webapps
directory, and Tomcat subsequently automatically unpacked the WAR into
an 'xwiki' directory.

But now when I go to my host : http://localhost:8080/xwiki/ , I get an
Apache Tomcat 404 error, saying "The requested resource (/xwiki/) is not
available.". It's not even an XWiki 404 - it's a default Tomcat one, the
same as I'd get if I loaded http://localhost:8080/ThisWebAppDoesNotExist
.

I'm sure I've installed the Xwiki war incorrectly, but can anyone point
me in the right direction - where have I gone wrong?

I'm deploying on CentOS 5 using the default Tomcat installation which
comes with that OS. The only thing I've changed is the Hibernate
configuration to reflect a Postgre database (which is set up).

Thanks in advance.

Graeme West

Glasgow Caledonian University is a registered Scottish charity, number