> Well two reasons, one is that for the watchlist, which will show you a list
> of all the pages and spaces you are watching, is a sort of favorites, but
> what if you want to navigate to a place over and over again and it is
> buried
> down in a space someplace?  Then what if you don't want to watch it and be
> notified for some reason, and then lastly what if you want to save a
> description so you can look at your favorites and pick "Oh that WebHome".

Indeed. I'd still advise looking at how the watchlist feature is implemented
since it somehow manages to store user preferences in their profiles and
you're going to need that feature in your implementation I guess...

Not sure whether there's been any recent discussion on creating easy-to)use
user profiles extension points - though this kind of use cases (as well as a
bunch of others) show they're needed. I think there is a way to access them
right now without changing the UserClassSheet (maybe by adding new kind of
objects to user profile pages...)

Re your implementation, I'd advise having the list of favorited pages stored
in one (or many) objects attached to the user profile page of the current
user and writing a panel taking the currently logged user UserName as a
parameter, retrieving the data from those favorite objects stored on his
user page and displaying their values in the panel ...

Guillaume

http://wikibc.blogspot.com/