Vincent Massol wrote:
> Hi Sergiu,
>
> On Sep 17, 2008, at 6:21 PM, Sergiu Dumitriu wrote:
>
> [snip]
>
>>>  My wiki viceversa is located in myxwiki, so I suppose it is XWiki
>>> Enterprise 1.6
>>
>> Fixed. At the last upgrade, someone forgot to set the correct encoding
>> in web.xml.
>
> Is there something for users to do when uprgading from some earlier
> version to 1.6? If so could you please add it to the release notes?

No, the one who did the last upgrade (JV?) copied the default version of
web.xml and forgot to re-set the encoding to UTF-8, as it was before.
The problem is that by default it is ISO-8859-1, and we're using UTF-8,
so we must be careful to set this value every time we upgrade the
myxwiki farm.

In the upgrade notes it's already specified that web.xml and xwiki.cfg
should be carefully merged.
--
Sergiu Dumitriu
http://purl.org/net/sergiu/