---------- Forwarded message ----------
From: mh <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
Date: Wed, Sep 17, 2008 at 11:44 AM
Subject: Getting the domain name of a virtual wiki through velocity
To: XWiki Developers <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>

Hi,

I have an XEM set up with with several virtual wikis on it. I'm trying
to get the name of the virtual xwiki though velocity. For example, say
that I have a XEM instance running two virtual wikis:

1) wikiA.domain.org
2) wikiB.domain.org

on a XEM called xem.domain.org

Im looking for the velocity code that will return the name (domain
name) when embedded in a page of one of the virtual wikis. Something
like: $xwiki.getServerName()

if i put that in a page in wikiA, it should return "wikiA.domain.org".
Likewise, if i put the same code in wikiB, it should return
"wikiB.domain.org"

I looked at  the velocity code for
xem.doman.org/xwiki/bin/view/WikiManager/ because it lists the actual
domain names under the "Domain Names" column. But it just gets a list
of any virtual wikis available and lists them out. This page uses the
xwikimanager plugin. I looked at the api and didn't see a way to
directly get the domain name of the wiki in question. Could someone
please point me in the right direction? Thanks in advanced and have a
great day!
-mh