Hi everyone,

As you may have heard we've started implementing a new wiki syntax for
XE 1.6 and above.
The documentation draft is available here:
http://dev.xwiki.org/xwiki/bin/preview/Drafts/XWikiSyntax20

We would be interested in getting your feedback on how well it works,
any issue you may have or any suggestion for further improvement.

You can grab a snapshot version of XE 1.6 here:
* Standalone version: http://tinyurl.com/3w4upj
* WAR: http://tinyurl.com/3nwy4z
* XAR: http://tinyurl.com/3pvmkc

To use it, log in as admin, edit a page, select "XWiki 2.0" in the
syntax field in the Panel on the right and you'll be using the new
syntax.
If you set your page to use the 2.0 syntax and if you use the WYSIWYG
editor you'll also notice that you'll be using the new GWT WYSIWYG
editor. This is a work in progress for which we're also interested in
feedback. However it's not finished yet, see
http://dev.xwiki.org/xwiki/bin/view/Design/NewWysiwygEditorInterface
for how it's going to look like when finished.

If you find any issue please enter it in our issue tracker:
http://jira.xwiki.org/jira/browse/XWIKI
  so that we can fix it for the final 1.6 release (due in a few days).

Thanks for your help