Hi!
Just have installed XWiki 1.6.1. LDAP authentication against AD using
sAMAccountName still doesn't work. In the log file it's written, that invalid
credentials
were provided (data 525, vece). Of course, I do use valid credentials.

Here's my xwiki.cfg:
------------------------------
xwiki.authentication.authclass=com.xpn.xwiki.user.impl.LDAP.XWikiLDAPAuthServic
eImpl
xwiki.authentication.ldap=1
xwiki.authentication.ldap.server=my.domain.com
xwiki.authentication.ldap.port=389
xwiki.authentication.ldap.bind_DN=sAMAccountName={0} // also tried bind_dn={0}
xwiki.authentication.ldap.bind_pass={1}
xwiki.authentication.ldap.validate_password=0
xwiki.authentication.ldap.base_DN=dc=domain,dc=com
xwiki.authentication.ldap.UID_attr=sAMAccountName // if I put cn here, all
works fine
xwiki.authentication.ldap.fields_mapping=last_name=sn,first_name=givenName,fullna
me=fullName,email=mail,ldap_dn=dn
xwiki.authentication.ldap.update_user=0
xwiki.authentication.ldap.group_mapping=XWiki.XWikiAdminGroup=cn=some_group,o
u=Groups,ou=Riga,ou=LAT,dc=domain,dc=com
xwiki.authentication.ldap.groupcache_expiration=21800
xwiki.authentication.ldap.mode_group_sync=always
------------------------------

Quoting Thomas Mortagne <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>:
> The XWiki development team is pleased to announce the release of XWiki
> Enterprise 1.6.1.
>
> Go grab it at http://www.xwiki.org/xwiki/bin/view/Main/Download
>
> This is a bug fix release. It fix an important regression of LDAP
> authenticator.
>
> Changes from 1.6:
>
> Bugs fixed
>
>     * XWIKI-2747 - LDAP search is sometime done without the base dn
>     * XWIKI-2753 - Display bug in konqueror for class editor
>     * XWIKI-2757 - Empty .jar produced after build
>
> Improvements
>
>     * XAPANELS-59 - Inconsistent redirects in the Panel Wizard
>
> Task
>
>     * XWIKI-2752 - Remove the "code" formatting style from the
> old
> WYSIWYG editor
>
> For more information see the Release notes at:
> http://www.xwiki.org/xwiki/bin/view/Main/ReleaseNotesXWikiEnterprise161
>
> Thanks
> -The XWiki dev team

Ar cieņu, Mihails