Hi Bret,,

On Fri, Jan 30, 2009 at 9:29 PM, bretteua <br...@eua.com> wrote:

> Thanks for the response Jerome.  I am embarssed to say that I must be
> losing
> my mind.  When I tested this again today, it worked as expected.  I know
> for
> a fact that this was not working before.  But, I just tagged a bunch of
> pages from the Document Information Panel and it worked properly every
> time.
> My apologies for wasting your time.

Don't worry, you're not wasting anybody's time here :-)

I had some problems with saving tags as well in the past but I was unable to
trace them back to a specific situation. It somehow happened from time to
time, saving tags stopped working then it worked again. Sometimes flushing
the cache before saving tags seemed to have an effect, sometimes not.

The best thing you can do at this point is to update this thread with
extensive information about your whole setup / configuration / previous
steps / etc... the next times this happens - if it happens again.

Thanks for taking the time to post on the XWiki lists,

Guillaume

> Thank you,
> Bret
>

> Jerome Velociter-2 wrote:
> >
> > Hello,
> >
> > That's indeed strange. Can you confirm you click "Save & view" or "Save
> > & continue" when you are done filling in the tag field when editing a
> > document ? Also, can you tell us precisely which version you did download
> > ?
> >
> > Thanks,
> > Jerome.
> >
> > bretteua wrote:
> >> I am a new XWiki user and recently installed the Enterprise version and
> >> am
> >> considering using it for a small company corporate Wiki.  So far, I love
> >> what I see and by comparison is much more user friendly then some of the
> >> other Wikis I have tested.
> >>
> >> But, I am having one small problem.  When I am editing a document, the
> >> Tags
> >> input box in the Document Information panel does not work.  If I make
> any
> >> changes in the Tags input box, they are not saved with the document.
> >> However, if I make changes within the Tags input box in the Information
> >> tab
> >> on a document and click the Save button, the changes are retained.
> >>
> >> Any suggestions as to why the tags input in the Document Information
> >> panel
> >> might not be working?  I have installed the standalone version and have
> >> left
> >> pretty much all of the defaults intact.
> >>
> >> Any help would be appreciated.
> >>
> >> Thank you.