Yishay Mor wrote:
>> I'm
>>>>>
>> http://patternlanguagenetwork.myxwiki.org/xwiki/bin/view/Patterns/tabletopconceptmapping
>> I still see edit selected... And as a guest I can indeed edit the
>> document. Just to make sure we're on the same page, I'm looking at
>>
>> http://patternlanguagenetwork.myxwiki.org/xwiki/bin/edit/Patterns/tabletopconceptmapping?editor=rights
>>

> This is really puzzling. I don't understand how the guest user has obtained
> edit rights on some objects and not on others. Just to be on the safe side,
> I ran the script below:
>
> #set ($hql = ", BaseObject as obj where obj.name=doc.fullName and
> obj.className='Patterns.PatternClass' and obj.name
> <>'Patterns.PatternClassTemplate'")
> #set ($items= $xwiki.searchDocuments($hql))
> #foreach ($item in $items)
> * $item
>   #set ($itemDoc = $xwiki.getDocument($item))
>   #set ($rights = $itemDoc.getObject("XWiki.XWikiRights", true))
>   #set ($result = $rights.set("levels", "edit"))
>   #set ($result = $rights.set("users", "XWiki.XWikiGuest"))
>   #set ($result = $rights.set("allow", 0))
> #end

Without a $itemDoc.save(), this is kind of useless...

I didn't check long enough, but I've seen that the guest right is set
right from the first version. I don't know how does your site works, but
could it be caused by the fact that a new pattern has the "owner"
(wrongly) set to XWikiGuest, and you have a script that grants view and
edit rights to the owner right after the document was created?

I tested by creating a new document having Patterns.PatternClassTemplate
as a template, and while the template has 3 rights objects, the first
one specifying that XWikiAdminGroup can edit, the created document had
the first object also specify that XWikiGuest can edit, not just the admins.

Furthermore, I manually edited the Pattern object and set a different
owner (Yishay Mor), and automatically the first rights object was
changed to specify that Yishay Mor has edit rights, and not XWikiGuest.

So, better check how is the owner of a pattern set.

--
Sergiu Dumitriu
http://purl.org/net/sergiu/