Partially answering my own question... there is some support for Sitemaps in
XWiki
http://code.xwiki.org/xwiki/bin/view/Snippets/XmlSitemapGeneratorSnippet

The above might not even be necessary since google builds sitemaps out of
RSS fedds as well. However, they are not working with XWiki's RSS, only with
another application's "Atom" format feed.

I have three working XWiki feeds per my firefox browser:
http://nielsmayer.com/xwiki/bin/view/Blog/GlobalBlogRss?xpage=plain
http://nielsmayer.com/xwiki/bin/view/Main/TagsRss?xpage=plain
http://nielsmayer.com/xwiki/bin/view/Main/WebRss?xpage=plain

Yet when given to Google Webmaster
tools<https://www.google.com/webmasters/tools/docs/en/about.html>,
these feeds turn up errors, even though I corrected the encoding of the
files to UTF8 (see prev message):

roller/NielsMayer/feed/entries/atom
> Atom Feed Mar 14, 2009 OK 32
> xwiki/bin/view/Blog/GlobalBlogRss?xpage=plain
> -- 16 hours ago Errors --
> xwiki/bin/view/Main/TagsRss?xpage=plain
> -- Mar 14, 2009 Errors --
> xwiki/bin/view/Main/WebRss?xpage=plain
> -- 12 hours ago Errors --

The specific error continues to be:

> - *Unsupported file format*
> Your Sitemap does not appear to be in a supported format. Please ensure it
> meets our Sitemap guidelines and resubmit.
> Help<http://www.google.com/support/webmasters/bin/answer.py?answer=35738&hl=en>
>  [image:
> Help]

Any further suggestions??

Is there a way to get XWiki to output 'atom' instead of 'RSS'? Perhaps
google will accept atom-based feeds but not RSS? The docs indicate it
handles RSS feeds.

Niels
http://nielsmayer.com