Sorry fore being a peste..
But, this, is currently blocking me from rolling the platform out.  Any
ideas/hints would be useful.

Scheduled tasks seem to run; but cannot work with documents in the wiki.  This
used to work well in 1.4, but for some reason it does not work in 1.7.2.  One
of the tasks is to open a document and send an email based on a notification
date inside the document's main class object.

The code works perfectly when run in a wiki page: I've dropped everything
except for getting document count based on a query and if count is more than 1
sending an email to me.  Naturally this is not the objective - just simplified
for testing.

I have nine virtual xwiki's running on the same server, the scheduled task is
running on the main instance (documents located on main instance as well).
Nothing except for xwiki engine update (and xar import) has changed.
Using the admin user to save changes to the scheduler.