Hi Anca,
I will give this a try & update you on the outcome...
Thanks for the quick response. :)

Message: 3
Date: Wed, 19 Aug 2009 11:45:00 +0300
From: Anca Paula Luca <ancapaula.l...@xwiki.com>
Subject: Re: [xwiki-users] Search box in IE8
To: XWiki Users <users@xwiki.org>

Dilipkumar Jadhav wrote:
> Hello All,
> This thing just came to notice when we upgraded our Internet Explorer to
> IE8. The search box that populates using <meta-g> pulls up at the very
> bottom of the page in IE8.
> The same box works normally and shows up at the top of the page in IE7 or
> Firefox 3.X.X.
> In IE8, when I enable the compatibility mode, the box works normally &
shows
> up at the top of the page.
> Although, I've not tried this solution, but I understand that adding this
> meta tag at the top of any html/jsp page should help circumnavigate this
> issue :

Hi there,

I suppose you need to add this meta tag to all the XWiki pages, so that
you're
sure that any page you'd load, the content gets interpreted as in IE7. To do
this, go to your installation's templates folder (/webapps/xwiki/templates)
and
edit the htmlheader.vm file to add, next to the other <meta> tags, this one.

Hope this helps,
Anca