From: clay [mailto:c...@grabafact.com]
Sent: Thursday, September 03, 2009 12:39p
To: users@xwiki.org
Cc: mariusdumitru.flo...@xwiki.com
Subject: Re: [xwiki-users] the links I see don't look like the links I
posted

Marius,

Thanks for responding.
Sorry I'm just now getting back online.

I'm in IE8 compatibility mode right now.
I copied the text enclosed by the comments where 'positive reviews' is a web
link:

/*
published by Gotham Books, is getting some positive reviews.

Murray points out that
*/

and pasted it into the WYSIWYG editor which is also in IE8 compatibility
mode.

After 'Save and View' I get the same results as before:

Display:
positive
reviewshttp://www.businessweek.com/magazine/content/09_36/b4145072739717.htm

Page Source:
reviews<!--startwikilink:http://www.businessweek.com/magazine/content/09_36/
b4145072739717.htm--><span class="wikiexternallink"><a
href="http://www.businessweek.com/magazine/content/09_36/b4145072739717.htm";
class="wikigeneratedlinkcontent">http://www.businessweek.com/magazine/conten

Wiki Source:
(% style="color:#0000ff;" %)positive
reviews[[http://www.businessweek.com/magazine/content/09_36/b4145072739717.h
tm]](%%)

Copying & Pasting the link only gives the same results (displayed).

Repeating in a new, empty page gives the same results (displayed).

I don't use Safari. I have Firefox 3.5 & Chrome 2.0.172.43. Sometimes Chrome
is ID'ed as Safari so that may have been what I was using when I first
posted.

Just pasted the link only in Firefox. New, empty page. No problems.
Pasted link with surrounding text in Firefox. New, empty page. No problems.

The WYSIWYG editor did not display any toolbar buttons in Chrome so I
couldn't test it there.

One thing I might add is that when I first encountered this, one of the
things I tried was using Syntax 1.
I haven't gone back to confirm it but I got the impression that the process
was more reliable in that Syntax.
That's just a hunch though. If you want me to try it out I will.

Message: 3