On Mon, Sep 28, 2009 at 21:08, Thomas Mortagne
<thomas.morta...@xwiki.com> wrote:
> On Mon, Sep 28, 2009 at 18:22, Lewis Denizen <orang...@gmail.com> wrote:
>> Hi xwiki-users,
>>
>> I just have to say...  Thank you to the Dev team for such a great XWiki 2.0
>> release!  XWiki is the best wiki I've ever encountered - the ideas in it
>> have really shown what Java + open source libs can achieve.  The result is
>> purely extraordinary!  Thank you so much for such a great piece of software!
>>
>> Now to the real stuff - I was trying to migrate my XWiki 1.x macro to 2.0.
>> But, it seems something has changed within the bean converter and now
>> Booleans on MacroParameters have to be specified with a getX(), rather than
>> a isX() (which is JavaBeans convention).  I haven't digged into the code,
>> and changing my macro to use getX() fixed the issue, but...  1) it would be
>> nice if the bean converter supported the conventional JavaBeans syntax
>> and...  2) it would be nice if XWiki threw some exception (or logged an
>> exception) if the parameter could not be converted properly (not sure if
>> it's just my log level, but digging out the issue would've been easy if
>> there were logs).
>
> The new bean converter is just an extension of standard JavaBeans and
> reuse it so it's supposed to support at least the same things.
>
> Can you create an issue on http://jira.xwiki.org ?

I just checked and standard macros are using isParameter() form and
it's working very well. See
org.xwiki.rendering.macro.script.ScriptMacroParameters for example.

Also if you try {{toc start="toto"/}} you will see that you get an
error "Invalid macro parameters used for macro: toc" because start is
supposed to get integer.

So it seems your exact use case is very special, could you describe
you bean class ?

--
Thomas Mortagne