Hi Lars,

On Mon, Oct 12, 2009 at 12:02 PM, Hermes, Lars <l...@de.festo.com> wrote:

> Hello,
>
> we've started using XWiki in our company. For evaluation we've used XWiki
> on Tomcat with a MYSQL DB and everything worked fine. But after we've set up
> our future environment also on Tomcat but using MS SQL Server as DB we've
> getting the following error messages in the blog space:
>

> Error number 4001 in 4: Error while parsing velocity page Blog.WebHome
>
> Wrapped Exception: Failed to evaluate content with id Web Home<
> http://adewki00.de.festo.net/xwiki/bin/view/Blog/>
>
> com.xpn.xwiki.XWikiException: Error number 4001 in 4: Error while parsing
> velocity page Blog.WebHome
>
> Doing further examinations we've found that the embedded SQL is causing the
> exception. In the conditional part there test to inequality (<>) is replaced
> by entities (&#60;&#62;). The exception is thrown in Xwiki 1.9.3 as also in
> Xwiki 2.0 and can't be reproduced on local installation so that our
> assumption is that the issue has something to do with the usage of MS SQL
> Server.
>
> For this case our questions are:
>
> 1.)   Is there anybody using also MS SQL Server with Xwiki? If yes are
> there the same exceptions thrown?

I'm not aware of that many people using XWiki with MS SQL. If you have a
choice, I'd strongly recommend that you go with MySQL since it's the most
widely tested production database with XWiki.

I'll let others answer whether the issue could be fixed easily or not.

Guillaume

2.)   Is there a possibility to fix the error by ourselves in modifying the
> respective template? Where or how do we find the template?

Thanks in advance and best regards
> Lars
>

> Festo AG & Co. KG
>  Lars Hermes
> Abteilung IS-PB
> Manager BSP Development + User Services
> Plieninger Straße 50
> 73760 Ostfildern-Scharnhausen
> Deutschland
> Telefon ++49 (0) 711-347-4510
> Telefax ++49 (0) 711-34754-4510
> http://www.festo.com
>
> Der Inhalt dieses E-Mails ist ausschliesslich fuer den bezeichneten
> Adressaten bestimmt. Jede Form der Kenntnisnahme, Veroeffentlichung,
> Vervielfaeltigung oder Weitergabe des Inhalts dieses E-Mails durch
> unberechtigte Dritte ist unzulaessig. Wir bitten Sie, sich mit dem Absender
> des E-Mails in Verbindung zu setzen, falls Sie nicht der Adressat dieses
> E-Mails sind und das Material von Ihrem Computer zu loeschen.
> This e-mail and any attachments are confidential and intended solely for
> the addressee. The perusal, publication, copying or dissemination of the
> contents of this e-mail by unauthorised third parties is prohibited. If you
> are not the intended recipient of this e-mail, please delete it and
> immediately notify the sender.
>
> Rechtsform: Kommanditgesellschaft
> Sitz: Esslingen a.N., Registergericht Stuttgart HRA 211583,
> Umsatzsteuerident-Nummer: DE 145339206
> Persoenlich haftende Gesellschafterin: Festo Management Aktiengesellschaft
> Sitz: Wien/Oesterreich, Firmenbuchgericht: Handelsgericht Wien, Firmenbuch
> Nr. FN 303027 d
> Vorstand:
> Dr. Ekkehard Gericke
> Dipl.-Kfm. Alfred Goll