On Tue, Dec 1, 2009 at 12:56 PM, Guillaume Lerouge <guilla...@xwiki.com>wrote:

> Hi Joe,
>
> On Tue, Dec 1, 2009 at 6:43 PM, Joe Shuster <joseph.shus...@gmail.com
> >wrote:
>
> > Thanks for the quick response, Guillaume.
> >
> > On Tue, Dec 1, 2009 at 12:34 PM, Guillaume Lerouge <guilla...@xwiki.com
> > >wrote:
> >
> > > Hi Joe,
> > >
> > > On Tue, Dec 1, 2009 at 6:00 PM, Joe Shuster <joseph.shus...@gmail.com

> (mostly
> > > of
> class

> in
> properties.
> > >

> > > Do you mean you edited the SOPTemplate page with the object editor and
> > > added
> > > your constant properties in the relevant object fields?
> > >
> > > If you did so, when creating a new SOP those values should be copied
> from
> > > the template.
> > >
> > > Yes, this is what I did.  The values don't seem to be copied when I
> > create
> > a new SOP based on the template.  I'm going to try to recreate my class
> and
> > see if it helps.
>

> Weird, what code do you use to create new items? Normally the SOPTemplate
> page gets copied during the creation process thus any data stored in it and
> its objects should get copied too. I used that in the past.
>
> I've been creating my classes, sheets, templates, properties, etc based on
the FAQ Tutorial on the Xwiki website.  The objects are copied fine but the
text stored in the SOPTemplate objects isn't copied with them.

The SOPClass was created in a Space not named Main.  I created a new class
in the Main Space assuming that I messed up the default parent or default
space assignment.  However the new class created in Main still does not
propagate data saved in the template object when I create a new document.

I'm completely befuddled.  Maybe it's time to trade in XWiki 2.0.3 for XWiki
2.0.4.

> > > new
> > > document/instantiation
> > across
> > > >

> > > Is this value supposed to be user-editable? If it is, it's gonna be
> hard
> > > propagate if it gets changed. On the other hand if it's not
> > user-editable,
> > > there's not much of a point in using an object to store it.
> > >
> > > Please forgive my naivety but how would I store "static" text (ie, text
> > that is not user editable) within a class/template.
> >

> As text on the Class' Sheet page.
>
> Simply edit the Sheet page and add some content on it -> it will
> immediately
> change for all your documents.
>
> Thanks, that was easy. I wish the text contained within my SOPTemplate
would update like that...

Guillaume