On 12/16/2009 03:58 PM, Josh wrote:
> Hello,
>
> Bubulina wrote:
>> Hello Sergiu,
>>
>> it was a typo when i wrote by hand the code here.
>> I include the TestClass, that has the properties, but the line that should
>> give me the object from it:
>> #set($object = $document.getObject("spaceName.TestClass").xWikiClass)
>> returns nothing...
>>

> You don't need the .xWikiClass. Try just:
> #set($object = $document.getObject("spaceName.TestClass")

Unless you set the $document variable yourself (which you don't do in the
initial snippet I see), you should use $doc for that which is the name of the
variable holding the current document by default in the velocity context:

#set($object = $doc.getObject("spaceName.TestClass")

if it _still_ does not work, check if there is an object in there indeed by
doing
Edit -> Objects in the menu and looking for an object of class
spaceName.TestClass .

Have fun!
Anca