Hi Anne,

There are 2 options:
1) import the document into the wiki. We have an office importer.
2) preview the document's content directly in the page

1) exists and works.
2) is in development and should be ready for XE 2.3 M1 (possibly earlier if we
can but hard to commit to it). FYI 2.3M1 should be early March.

All that said the code is already available in svn. Thus if you're technical
you can build it and install it in your wiki. It's in the sandbox right now:
http://svn.xwiki.org/svnroot/xwiki/contrib/sandbox/xwiki-officepreview/

PS: Please answer the FAQ entry you've created and the comment you've left too
on xwiki.org, now that you know the answer! :)