On Fri, Jan 15, 2010 at 11:22, Ziggy <zigg...@gmail.com> wrote:
> Hi Thomas,
>
> Yes i did notice that it does put a box around it. It doesnt show the box
> properly while editing but it does once you save it.

That's perfectly normal. That's the goal of the WYSIWYG: show you the
content as you would see it in view mode.

> is it possible to the same without worrying about the language?

If you don't put the language, code macro will try to find it itself.
But it's not easy so it's not always right (plus it's a little slower
since it has to determine the language before highlight the code
snippet).

> I did try this
>
> {{code}}
> Some clever code
> goes here
> {{/code}}
>
> It does work but the font defaults to "Arial" but i think in most wiki the
> font defaults to courier.
>
> Thanks
>
> I tried this
>
> On Fri, Jan 15, 2010 at 9:49 AM, Thomas Mortagne
> <thomas.morta...@xwiki.com>wrote:
>
>> On Fri, Jan 15, 2010 at 10:00, Ziggy <zigg...@gmail.com> wrote:
>> > Oh and also, when i use the "code" macro, it doesnt actually draw a box
>> > around the code but it rather highlights the text which is not i want.
>> >
>> > Thanks

>> of
>> syntax

>> use
>>
>> Everything you can do in the WYSIWYG also works in wiki syntax
>> (WYSIWYG only generate wiki syntax at the end). When you don't know
>> how to do something WYSIWYG did, save an edit the page in wiki mode.
>>
>> And yes code macri is working well in wiki model also, for example:
>>
>> {{code language=html}}
>>  <head>Cool!</head>
>> {{/code}}
>>
>> and it does print a box around unless you have a special (wrong) skin.
>> See http://tuska.myxwiki.org/xwiki/bin/view/Test/Code

>> --
>> Thomas Mortagne

Thomas Mortagne