From: Thomas Mortagne <thomas.morta...@xwiki.com>
To: XWiki Users <users@xwiki.org>
Sent: Fri, January 15, 2010 11:37:15 AM
Subject: Re: [xwiki-users] Is there a plan to support LDAP authentication for
WebDAV feature

On Fri, Jan 15, 2010 at 16:48, Milind Kamble <mbk...@yahoo.com> wrote:
> Hi. I searched this mailing list and xwiki docs for this information but
> didn't find anything.
> Is there any plan to extend the authentication mechanism in WebDAV component
> to support LDAP? I felt that having access to page content and attachment
> folders via shared drive (using NetDrive) would be immensely attractive for
> end users because of the ability to use enhanced editors to directly edit
> page content and the ability to upload/manage multiple attachments.

Well authentication mechanism is generic for the whole XWiki platform.
If WebDAV support any authentication then it supports LDAP, i doubt an
authentication system has been coded specifically for WebDAV module.
It would be weird that WebDAV does not use it but i don't know WebDAV
module very well.

> Thanks,
> Milind

Thomas Mortagne