Hi Thomas,
Thanks for taking the time to reply to my email. I went through the
link that you provided and was able to get my wiki up and running. I
had to go through my domain name setup for the main instance with my
IT and got it working.
However, after all the imports and setup when i went to create a new
wiki I keep getting errors. I checked the mailing list, online docs &
even googled it and found that the mailing lists suggested using a
different version of XEM.
I tried converting XE 2.0.2 to XEM 2.1.1. I also tried XEM 2.1.1
direct installation. Everything went fine except for the creating of
the wiki. Following is the stack trace which I have shortened so I
could fit it into the email. I believe it is somewhere in my server
environment that there is an issue. All the errors point to execute
JDBC batch update. Please help. Thank you.

Error number 4001 in 4: Error while parsing velocity page
WikiManager.CreateNewWiki Wrapped Exception: Failed to evaluate
content with id Create New Wiki
Error number 4001 in 4: Error while parsing velocity page
WikiManager.CreateNewWiki
Wrapped Exception: Failed to evaluate content with id Create New Wiki
com.xpn.xwiki.XWikiException: Error number 4001 in 4: Error while
parsing velocity page WikiManager.CreateNewWiki
Wrapped Exception: Failed to evaluate content with id Create New Wiki
        at
com.xpn.xwiki.render.XWikiVelocityRenderer.evaluate(XWikiVelocityRenderer.java:114)
        at
com.xpn.xwiki.render.XWikiVelocityRenderer.render(XWikiVelocityRenderer.java:85)
        at
com.xpn.xwiki.render.DefaultXWikiRenderingEngine.renderText(DefaultXWikiRenderingEngine.java:272)
   org.apache.velocity.exception.MethodInvocationException: Invocation
of method 'createNewWiki' in  class
com.xpn.xwiki.plugin.wikimanager.WikiManagerPluginApi threw exception
com.xpn.xwiki.XWikiException: Error number 3232 in 3: Exception while
saving attachment xwiki-enterprise-manager-application-xem-2.0.5.zip
of document XWiki.Import
Wrapped Exception: Could not execute JDBC batch update at
WikiManager.CreateNewWikiline 157, column 32?
        at
org.apache.velocity.runtime.parser.node.ASTMethod.handleInvocationException(ASTMethod.java:337)
        at
org.apache.velocity.runtime.parser.node.ASTMethod.execute(ASTMethod.java:284)
        at java.lang.Thread.run(Thread.java:595)
Caused by: com.xpn.xwiki.XWikiException: Error number 3232 in 3:
Exception while saving attachment
xwiki-enterprise-manager-application-xem-2.0.5.zip of document
XWiki.Import
Wrapped Exception: Could not execute JDBC batch update
        at
com.xpn.xwiki.store.XWikiHibernateAttachmentStore.saveAttachmentContent(XWikiHibernateAttachmentStore.java:122)
        at com.xpn.xwiki.XWiki.copyDocument(XWiki.java:4148)

> Message: 7
> Date: Fri, 15 Jan 2010 11:08:33 +0100
> From: Thomas Mortagne <thomas.morta...@xwiki.com>
> Subject: Re: [xwiki-users] XEM Setup over internet
> To: XWiki Users <users@xwiki.org>
>
> On Thu, Jan 14, 2010 at 22:03, Dilipkumar Jadhav
> <jadhav.dilipku...@gmail.com> wrote:
>> Hello guys,
>> I ran into some difficulties with setting up a wiki farm again.
>> The website address of the main wiki is (assume):
>> http://internal.ext.com:8080/xwiki
>> In the XWiki.XWikiServerClass the default value is localhost.
>> The moment I restart the tomcat server after switching
>> xwiki.virtual=1, I can no longer access the main wiki from
>> http://internal.ext.com:8080/xwiki over the internet. But I can access
>> it on server as http://localhost:8080/xwiki.
>> I?ve gone through the documents for XEM setup & also setup the
>> ?property? in XWiki.XWikiServerClass as internal.ext.com, ext.com,
>> internal.ext.com:8080, etc. But none of the values seem to help. The
>
> As you can see in the documentation you have to set up the complete
> domain names used to access the wiki (here "internal.ext.com") as
> alias. Are you sure your domain even access the wiki server ?
>
>> localhost value just allows me to access the wiki on localhost only.
>> The setup worked for me over intranet (It was an internal IP address
>> and not a domain name) and the xwiki farm worked fine. But on the
>> internet it just doesn?t work.
>> I am also planning to use URL path based xwiki access and have set
>> xwiki.virtual.usepath to 1.
>> Could someone please guide me in the right direction.
>
> See http://manager.xwiki.org/xwiki/bin/view/AdminGuide/AccessWiki for
> details on both multiwiki modes.
>
>> Thank you for your time and consideration guys.

> Thomas Mortagne

Hi Thomas,
Thanks for taking the time to reply to me email. I went through the
link that you provided and was able to get my wiki up and running. I
had to go through my domain name setup for the main instance with my
IT and got it working.
However, after all the imports and setup when i went to create a new
wiki I keep getting errors. I checked the mailing list, online docs &
even googled it but found that the mailing lists suggested using a
different version of XEM.
I tried XEM 2.1.1