Here what we did is that we installed Xwiki from the pack jetty/HSQL.
Once it work, we modified the hibernate configuration file to connect to Oracle
DB.

Here is our config file (if it helps ...) :
<?xml version='1.0' encoding='utf-8'?>
<!DOCTYPE hibernate-configuration PUBLIC "-//Hibernate/Hibernate Configuration
DTD//EN"

"http://hibernate.sourceforge.net/hibernate-configuration-3.0.dtd";>
<hibernate-configuration>
  <session-factory>
    <property name="show_sql">false</property>
    <property name="use_outer_join">true</property>
    <property name="dbcp.defaultAutoCommit">false</property>
    <property name="dbcp.maxActive">50</property>
    <property name="dbcp.maxIdle">5</property>
    <property name="dbcp.maxWait">30000</property>
    <property name="dbcp.whenExhaustedAction">1</property>
    <property name="dbcp.ps.whenExhaustedAction">1</property>
    <property name="dbcp.ps.maxActive">20</property>
    <property name="dbcp.ps.maxWait">120000</property>
    <property name="dbcp.ps.maxIdle">20</property>
     <property
name="connection.url">jdbc:oracle:thin:@IP.IP.IP.IP:1521:od46</property>
    <property name="connection.username">xwiki</property>
    <property name="connection.password">*********</property>
    <property
name="connection.driver_class">oracle.jdbc.driver.OracleDriver</property>
    <property name="dialect">org.hibernate.dialect.Oracle10gDialect</property>
    <property
name="connection.provider_class">com.xpn.xwiki.store.DBCPConnectionProvider</property>
    <property name="connection.pool_size">2</property>
    <property name="statement_cache.size">2</property>
    <property name="hibernate.connection.SetBigStringTryClob">true</property>
    <property name="hibernate.jdbc.batch_size">0</property>
    <mapping resource="xwiki.oracle.hbm.xml"/>
    <mapping resource="feeds.oracle.hbm.xml"/>
  </session-factory>
</hibernate-configuration>