Indeed, I just tried in 2.2M2 and it tells you the document exists. in 2.04 I
did not delete the older post, it got overwritten so now I had 2 posts with
the exact same title and content in the News category, it's still here in
our wiki. And I actually updated  the first post which updated both posts!
They are identical, same date, title and content.

The solution to tell user that document already exist is not very good. In
time you may have hundreds of blog entries in one category, making it pretty
hard to keep titles unique. In our case we wanted to use it to post what
testing is to be done for the week. So each week you want to post an entry
such as "Weekly testing". It'll be hard to come up with unique variants to
that every week!