Hi Marius,

i prepared a test environment where i can always reproduce the problem, if
you want to try it.

You can edit this page:

https://www.gidi.it/xwiki/bin/view/Claudio/ProvaLink

since i made you admin of "Claudio" space. The site is quite slow, due to a
couple of "bounces" before the real server (proxying & mod_jk), but i assure
you that i face the same behaviour going directly to it. Site is in https,
but after logon you'll be redirected to the http version, that doesn't work
from outside my company (public site cannot be touched). Simply change the
protocol back to https and you'll be in again.

You can use marius for both username and password.

As said, the issue is with IE7. I got version 7.0.5730.13 running on XP sp3.
Every other browsers work fine.

Thanks again,
claudio