Anca Luca wrote:

> Hi Angelo,
>
> On 05/24/2010 11:19 AM, AngeloG wrote:
>>
>> Hi,
>> I have a this question:
>> is there a way to make annotation feature work in a virtual wiki
>> environment?
>> Suppose new xem 2.3 installation for the farm (and in the main wiki the
>> annotations work!) and a number of wikis with xe 2.3 xar files imported.
>>
>> If the answer is yes, please let me know how.
>> If it is no, I think it should be pointed out somewhere in the feature
>> list
>> of 2.3 version, or in the release notes.
>>
>> Instead, if it is supposed to work, but it doesn't, there is a bug.
>
> The way we built it, it should work, so this would be a bug.
> Can you give us more details? wdym "it's not working"? what should be
> happening and it's not happening? You don't get the annotations UI at
> all? or you get it but it does something wrong? If so, what?
> Also, can you give us more details about the environment (servlet
> container, maybe OS?)
>
> It does work on myxwiki, afaics, and that one is a farm.
> I will test this again, as soon as I find the time to do all the setup.
>
> Happy hacking,
> Anca
>

>> Thanks for the support.

Hi Luca,
here are some details:
fresh install of xem 2.3 on a SuseLinux 11 server box, with jetty container
and mysql database.
The main wiki works fine, annotations are there and work. The style/theme is
the standard Colibri.
It is flagged multilanguage with english and italian.
I created some virtual wikis and I can access them and work with them,
through DNS mapping.
When you create a new virtual wiki, it is empty unless you use some
template.
In a new empty wiki I imported the xar file of xe 2.3.
Logging in as administrator I can see in this wiki the annotations section
in the preferences page, and they are activated.
But if I go in any page of this wiki, e.g. main webhome page or in sandbox
space (remember that at this stage there are no new pages except those of
the standard xar package) I can't simply see the annotations menu in the
toolbar of any page.
So it is impossible to access at the feature at all, and also Ctrl+m has no
effect.

By the way, entering in www.myxwiki.org , without logging in, i can see the
welcome page and annotations menu in the toolbar. If I click on Playground ,
that I suppose is a virtual wiki, the annotations menu disappears (may be
because I am not logged?).

Thanks in advance for any help (annotations are smart! I would like to use
them)

Angelo