Caleb James DeLisle writes:

> > «Storing 10Mb octet streams
> > in database» doesn't sound like being reliable, and indeed it caused
> > strange problems recently.
> On the one hand it definitely over-stresses the database but on the other hand
> it is very nice to be able to do a database dump, wipe the disk, load the dump
> and be right back where you were before. Maybe a hybrid where content is
> stored
> in the db and 'cached' on the hard disk but caches make debugging a huge pain.
> Still something has to be done about the max_packet issue.

With regards to dumping, I'd like it to be done via FTP or WebDAV means. I
don't know whether current WebDAV implemetation is suitable for dumping.
Anyway, dumps maid that way are going to be more portable compared to e.
g. MySQL dumps. Also, MySQL dump isn't browsable with tools like FAR
Manager. XARs are portable and browsable.

--
If you want to get to the top, you have to start at the bottom