Hi Tomas, all,

debugging XWiki in eclipse, I found at least part of the problem:
In PdfExportImpl.convertToStrictXHtml() the page is converted
to strict xhtml using jtidy. Unfortunately, jtidy also imposes its own
indentation on the document, which effectively breaks any <pre>
environment like the one generated by the code macro.

I haven't used jtidy. Can it be configured to keep the original
indentation and whitespaces of an input document?

Cheers,
Alex