On 06/21/2010 10:44 PM, Adriana Escamilla wrote:
>> Also, I have a little problem with the Import of Documents in
>>> OpenOfficeServer, I tried to set up a OOffice in a Linux Server, but i
>>> cant to make it a service D=!!! I was looking for a tip of "How to make
>>> OpenOffice a Service in Linux" and what i found doesnt work =(. My
>>> server details are:
>>>
>>> - SO: OpenSuse 10, Server
>>> - XWiki: Enterprise 2.3
>>> - OpenOffice: 3.2

http://www.artofsolving.com/node/10

Basically, you need to executed this line:

soffice -headless -accept="socket,host=127.0.0.1,port=8100;urp;"
-nofirststartwizard

Starting things automatically at boot requires that you write an init
script, which depends on the operating system. For OpenSuse, I think you
can look in /etc/init.d/ for an example.
http://en.opensuse.org/Packaging/SUSE_Package_Conventions/Init_Scripts
provides more documentation.
--
Sergiu Dumitriu