Von: users-boun...@xwiki.org [mailto:users-boun...@xwiki.org] Im Auftrag von
abc6587
Gesendet: Donnerstag, 8. Juli 2010 20:08
An: XWiki Users
Betreff: [xwiki-users] A simpler configuration?

Hi,

I've installed xwiki, and found it a bit too rich in features, out of
the box, for a novice user. Maybe because I did not use it right?

I confess I am a wikidot fan. With all its limitations, it's intuitive
and mirrors the way people think. It has a very small set of features,
but that's probably its strength, as it's very easy to learn.
Unfortunately, its access control is too primitive to my (intranet)
needs; plus, as a programmer, the idea of programmable wiki surely
sounds sweet.

In a nutshell, I feel wikidot makes easy things simple. xwiki makes
complex things possible. Ideally, I'd love to find a wiki that does
both. A wiki that looks just like wikidot out of the box, then grows
on you as you learn advanced tricks. Not a system that shocks end
users with busy screens and code in the edit window. 90% of users
don't want to learn that; not until they are captivated by the
system's ease of use.

Is there such a thing?