Hi,

I'm attempting to create a page containing unix code in order to
document my work so that I and other people who need it can benefit.

The current content of the page created in the wiki editor is this:

(% class="moz-text-plain" graphical-quote="true" lang="x-unicode"
style="font-family: -moz-fixed; font-size: 13px;" wrap="true" %)
(((
{{{
First:

Boot from Linux CD;

When screen asks to boot press: Enter

Once kernel loaded and H/W detected and you get to first part of
installer press Alt-F2 to get to console mode;

Press: Enter to activate;

then use these commands:

mkdir /mnt/temp

mount /dev/hda2(in my case replace with whereever / is located) /mnt/temp

mount --bind /sys /mnt/temp/sys

mount --bind /proc /mnt/temp/proc

mount --bind /dev /mnt/temp/dev

chroot /mnt/temp

~#grub

**Note**
The above has been tested for Debian Etch and thus might be slightly
different on other Linux distributions. However, the general principle
remains the same.

An example for Ubuntu 9.04 Jaunty and 9.10 Karmic:

mkdir /mnt/temp

mount /dev/hda2(in my case replace with whereever / is located) /mnt/temp

mount --bind /sys /mnt/temp/sys

mount --bind /proc /mnt/temp/proc

mount --bind /dev /mnt/temp/dev

chroot /mnt/temp

/usr/sbin/grub-install /dev/sda

}}}
)))

The **Note** should show up in bold and be underlined however, even with
the **bold** syntax it's not bolding and shows up in the wiki as
**Note**??? The same thing happens if try to use the __underline__
syntax which is why I have removed it for now!

On top of that I would also like to know if like on many forums such as
howtoforge or linuxquestions there is a mode to enter code which
presents itself on screen as a box with different background often
denominated by using:

[code]
[/code]

to open and close the code input box....

Is something like this available in Xwiki??

Many thanks!

Regards,

Kaya