On 10/20/2010 11:35 AM, Thomas Mortagne wrote:
> Hi Pierre,
>
> There is a bug in 2.2.5 fixed in 2.3.2 that makes global users in
> local groups not supported. See
> http://jira.xwiki.org/jira/browse/XWIKI-4566 for more details.
>
> On Wed, Oct 20, 2010 at 10:56, Pidoux75<pidou...@gmail.com>  wrote:
>>
>> Hi all
>>
>> Well, I'm working in a company and use a wikis farm and several sub-wikis.
>> Currently we are using a 2.2.5 version of XWiki. We're using LDAP and Active
>> Directory as well to recognize our users.
>>
>> The archi : Main Wiki (Wiki Administrator) with the normal starting groups
>> like XWikiAllGroup, XWikiAdminGroup and one more called ldap_group. All
>> users are in the ldap_group (new created or registered users as well).
>>
>> The problem that I've is to add a global user from Wiki farm in a created
>> group in a local wiki.
>>
>> My Example, I created a wiki as WebServiceSupport (WSS) and a local group as
>> SupportTeamGroup. I would like add some users from the global wiki in this
>> local group, but:
>>
>> First, I can't have suggest when I try to type firsts letters from a global
>> login.

This is another bug which was fixed for 2.5, but it's only a suggest
error, so it's not critical.

>> Second, I tried to add with type directly "xwiki:XWiki.<desired_loginname>,
>> so, apparently local wiki recognize real global user because it displays his
>> real username but twice "xwiki:xwiki:" before the XWiki.User (like in my
>> case "Pierre DELISLE-EXTERIEUR (xwiki:xwiki:XWiki.pdelisle)" and it doesn't
>> work when I'm log with this account (I don't have the rights given to the
>> local group)

The double prefix is a display error, you can simply ignore it.

The real bug, as Thomas said, is a blocker, and the only solutions are
either to upgrade to a more recent version, or merge the patch that
fixes the problem into a local build.

--
Sergiu Dumitriu
http://purl.org/net/sergiu/