AngeloG wrote:

> Hi everybody,
>
> I have XEM 2.3 working in a test environment with OpenSuse 11.3, Mysql
> 5.1, OpenOffice 3.2.1, and Jetty, as per defualt war distributed, and
> everything is working fine.
> I made the upgrade to XEM 2.4.3 version, importing new xar, also. I made
> modifications to the relevant
> xwiki.properties file to make the Office importer section identical to the
> previous 2.3 version, (see below) but the office server does not start and
> import is not working in 2.4.3!
> ------
> xwiki.log file: (XEM 2.4.3)
>
> 2010-10-18 11:23:05,125 [main] ERROR rnal.DefaultObservationManager  -
> Fail to send event
> [org.xwiki.observation.event.applicationstartedev...@1d592a] to listener
> [org.xwiki.officeimporter.internal.openoffice.openofficemanagerlifecycleliste...@c8e4de]
> java.lang.IllegalStateException: invalid templateProfileDir:
> /home/smg/.ooo3/user
>         at
> org.artofsolving.jodconverter.office.DefaultOfficeManagerConfiguration.buildOfficeManager(DefaultOfficeManagerConfiguration.java:122)
>         at
> org.xwiki.officeimporter.internal.openoffice.DefaultOpenOfficeManager.initialize(DefaultOpenOfficeManager.java:102)
>         at
> org.xwiki.officeimporter.internal.openoffice.DefaultOpenOfficeManager.start(DefaultOpenOfficeManager.java:135)
>         at
> org.xwiki.officeimporter.internal.openoffice.OpenOfficeManagerLifecycleListener.startOpenOffice(OpenOfficeManagerLifecycleListener.java:96)
>         at
> org.xwiki.officeimporter.internal.openoffice.OpenOfficeManagerLifecycleListener.onEvent(OpenOfficeManagerLifecycleListener.java:83)
>         at
> org.xwiki.observation.internal.DefaultObservationManager.notify(DefaultObservationManager.java:269)
>         at
> org.xwiki.observation.internal.DefaultObservationManager.notify(DefaultObservationManager.java:243)
>         at
> org.xwiki.observation.internal.DefaultObservationManager.notify(DefaultObservationManager.java:290)
>         at
> org.xwiki.container.servlet.XWikiServletContextListener.contextInitialized(XWikiServletContextListener.java:76)
>         at
> org.mortbay.jetty.handler.ContextHandler.startContext(ContextHandler.java:548)
>         at
> org.mortbay.jetty.servlet.Context.startContext(Context.java:136)
>         at
> org.mortbay.jetty.webapp.WebAppContext.startContext(WebAppContext.java:1250)
>         at
> org.mortbay.jetty.handler.ContextHandler.doStart(ContextHandler.java:517)
>         at
> org.mortbay.jetty.webapp.WebAppContext.doStart(WebAppContext.java:467)
>         at
> [...]
 For those interested, I found out the solution. There is no bug, but in the
needed parameter openoffice.profilePath you must not put /user, that is the
correct value is ''openoffice.profilePath=/home/smg/.ooo3'' (being 'smg' the
actual user).
Also you need to grant access in reading to any user to this directory (by
default the installation of OO3 allows only the owner, in this case 'smg').
I don't know if this can cause a security issue, but without it the OOserver
doesn't start.

Angelo