Hi

[Ricardo Rodriguez] eBioTIC. wrote:
> Hi Eugen,
>
> Eugen Colesnicov wrote:
>
>> Hi Sergiu!
>>
>> I played before with jodatime. It have some problems ...
>> For example, I tried to use example script from plugin home page (it can be
>> usefull in my situation) and this script doesn't working:
>> #set($formatter =
>> $xwiki.jodatime.getDateTimeFormatterForPattern('yyyy.MM.dd'))
>> #set($myBirthday = $formatter.parseDateTime('2007.11.25'))
>> #set($daysLeft = $myBirthday.minus($now.millis))
>> $daysLeft.getDayOfYear() days left till my birthday!
>>
>> Also joda time is badly described - for all these reasons I used datetool.
>>

> Have you tried to use Velocity ComparisonDateTool? I'm able to use
> DateTool like you, but I don't know how to call methods from
> ComparisonDateTool. Are they available within Xwiki? Thanks!
>
> http://ebiotic.net/bin/ICT/Date

As you said: reading attentively the documentation is required to get
this working!

Following
http://platform.xwiki.org/xwiki/bin/view/DevGuide/Scripting#HVelocitySpecificInformation

I modified xwiki.properties to include...

http://velocity.apache.org/tools/releases/1.4/javadoc/org/apache/velocity/tools/generic/ComparisonDateTool.html

by adding...

velocity.tools = comparisondatetool =
org.apache.velocity.tools.generic.ComparisonDateTool

It seems to me that the subclass is not available as the current date is
printed if I use $comparisondatetool, but I'm not able yet to use its
methods. (I've also checked that the required Velocity Tools library
release is available ./WEB-INF/lib/velocity-tools-1.4.jar )

http://ebiotic.net/bin/ICT/Date

Please, could you/anybody give an example? Thanks!

>> About query ... Better for me - XWQL, but all my tryings to use any dates in
>> XWQL gives some errors (most of all - java errors in a translation from XWQL
>> to hql ...). I am not a professional in a XWQL and HQL (I am not sure - this
>> is my error or bug), and Ricardo gave working example of using HQL - for
>> this reason I used ready query example.
>>
>>  If you can give working example of using dates in a XWQL - will be great!
>> Also I tried examples from here:
>> http://dev.xwiki.org/xwiki/bin/view/DesignArchive/XWikiQueryLanguageSpecification
>> (second script) - but give me error.

Cheers,