I have developped a script XSLT that reads from a XML file.
This script generates a groovy script that migrated our userdatabase into XWIKI
The resulting groovy looked like this (I assume velocity will look alike from a
structure perspective);
                vFullName = "AnjevanderLugt"
            userdoc = xwiki.getDocument("XWiki."+vFullName)
            userobj = userdoc.getObject("XWiki.XWikiUsers", true)
            userobj.set("first_name" , "Anje")
            userobj.set("last_name" , " van derLugt")
                userdoc.save()
                if (allGroup.getObject('XWiki.XWikiGroups', 'member',
userdoc.fullName, false) == null) {
                    gObj = allGroup.newObject('XWiki.XWikiGroups')
                    gObj.set('member',userdoc.fullName)
                    allGroup.save()
                }
                if (vAuthors.getObject('XWiki.XWikiGroups', 'member',
userdoc.fullName, false) == null) {
                   gObjAuthors = vAuthors.newObject('XWiki.XWikiGroups')
                   gObjAuthors.set('member',userdoc.fullName)
                   vAuthors.save()
                }

What it does;
It creates a document in XWIKI space
On that document it creates a object of class XWIKI.XWIKIUSERS
I also add the user to a few specific groups
Note: these users are not yet added to XWIKIALLGROUP, there is a nice script on
xwiki.org that does this

Hope this helps.
Gerritjan

Op 26 okt 2010, om 12:11 heeft Bauyrzhan Matyganov het volgende geschreven:

Hello dear friends and community
I need your help with registering users.

The question is:

I have a database table wich contains a list of registered users to my
website.
Now, I want to import this list of users to my XWIKI application.
But i dont know how to import it.

I can select all user name and put them in an xwiki array or set.
and then, i can write a script that will use a for loop to create users
taking username from the array and putting a defualt pathword which users
can change later.

#set($userNames=
{"A","B","C",...................................................})
#set($fields = [])
##

#foreach($userName in $userNames)
## The first name field, no checking.
#set($field = $userNames)
#set($discard = $fields.add($field))
etc....

#createUser($fields, $request, $response, $doAfterRegistration)

#end

will it work?

I am not proficient in XWiki and velocity programming, and I ask for your
help.
Any help will be appriciated.