On 11/07/2010 03:54 PM, Ziggy wrote:
> Hi guys,
>
> I am trying to export my xwiki workspace so but every time i try it i get
> the following error

>      at java.util.Arrays.copyOf(Arrays.java:2882)
>      at
> java.lang.AbstractStringBuilder.expandCapacity(AbstractStringBuilder.java:100)
>      at
> java.lang.AbstractStringBuilder.append(AbstractStringBuilder.java:390)
>      at java.lang.StringBuffer.append(StringBuffer.java:224)
>      at org.suigeneris.jrcs.rcs.impl.Node.toText(Node.java:719)
>      at org.suigeneris.jrcs.rcs.Archive.toString(Archive.java:914)
>

> I know this is an error where the JVM has not enough memory. My JVM memory
> settings are set as follows
>
> set "JAVA_OPTS=%JAVA_OPTS% -Dfile.encoding=UTF8 -Duser.timezone=GMT
> -Xmx1024m -XX:MaxPermSize=1024m"
>
> Everytime i try to increase it to anything above the above values Tomact
> does not startup. Any clues as to how i can fix this?
>
> I am running xwiki on the following environment
>
> Tomcat 6.0.29
> Xwiki 2.4.3
> Mysql 5.1
> Windows Xp

What do you want to do with the contents of the wiki afterward? If you
want to migrate it to another machine, inside another mysql database,
then it would be simpler to dump and import the database data directly,
using mysqldump or something similar.

You should only increase the -Xmx parameter, since this is the heap
memory, while MaxPermSize is used only for storing classes. Try
something like:
-Xmx2048m -XX:MaxPermSize=128m

--
Sergiu Dumitriu