On Nov 20, 2010, at 3:08 PM, Vincent Massol wrote:

> Hi Marc,
>
> On Nov 20, 2010, at 1:59 PM, Marc AGATE wrote:
>
>> Hi !
>>

>>        I've been struggling for hours trying to get a Html table centered
>> on a wiki page. I tried all the suggested syntax I found in the very messy
>> Xwiki documentation
>
> What is messy? What do you suggest to make it less "messy"? Can you help?
>
>> (i.e, using style="etc.", then using class="myclass")
>> and I also tried to get rid of all table references in the colibri.css file,
>> but STILL, my table is stuck on the left. It's just driving me nuts to be
>> able to hit a database in a record time and to spend hours to get the
>> resulting table centered!
>
> Not sure why you think using a database is more complex than using CSS.... ;)
> For me it's much harder to use HTML/CSS than hitting a DB!
>
>> Any clue? Why is all the rendering locked this way? What's the point ?
>
> What do you propose to unlock it (whatever you mean by this)?
>
> Regarding the table centering use firebug if you're on FF to find the correct
> CSS.

Just because I'm good (despite your not very respectful email), here's the
result of my 2 minutes investigation with google and firebug (and people who
know me know I don't know crap about HTML/CSS ;)):

(% style="margin-left: auto; margin-right: auto;" %)
|=column1|=column2
|cell1|cell2

For the record I've found this info on
http://theodorakis.net/tablecentertest.html