On 6 December 2010 20:02, Ricardo Rodriguez [eBioTIC.] <
ricardo.rodrig...@ebiotic.net> wrote:

> Caleb James DeLisle wrote:
> > On 11/30/2010 05:46 PM, Ricardo Rodriguez [eBioTIC.] wrote:
> >
> >> Piotr Dziubecki wrote:

snip

> >> Does this add a reason to always use innodb as engine when running XWiki
> >> with MySQL as database? Thanks!
> >>

> > In general, myisam should not be used in cases where the integrity of the
> data is important. This is
> > because myisam makes no effort to repair the database if saving content
> fails in the middle of the
> > operation.
> >

> > Caleb
> >

> Thanks, Caleb.
>
> I was not aware of this and always used MyISAM table that seem to be the
> default take. Don't you think that at least a warning to new users to
> consider if they prefer MyISAM or InnoDB databases? Perhaps here...
>
> http://platform.xwiki.org/xwiki/bin/view/AdminGuide/InstallationMySQL
>
> I understand that RDBMS details are not a XWiki matter, but it could be
> it if the decision obviously affects XWiki security and performance.
>
> WDYT?

Hi

I've used mysql for a while now, and my apps always specify the type of
table at the point of creation.

I just installed xwiki for the first time on a linux server with mysql, and
noticed that all the tables are MyISAM.   If I didn't read this email
thread, I wouldn't have thought to check that, as I would have assumed xwiki
would've asked for innodb tables when it initialised the database.

So questions are:
* why doesn't xwiki automatically ask for innodb ?
* how am I supposed to convert the existing database to innodb ?
* how should new databases be created so that innodb tables are used ?

thanks
Paul