On 9 December 2010 22:30, Sergiu Dumitriu <ser...@xwiki.com> wrote:

> On 12/09/2010 02:28 AM, Paul Harris wrote:
> > On 9 December 2010 09:21, Paul Harris<harris...@gmail.com>  wrote:
> >
> >> Hi again,
> >>
> >> I wanted to protect my "Website Admin" from any non-admins,
> >> So I edited the Rights to that space, and clicked the 'View' button on
> >> 'XWikiAllGroup' until it was a red cross.
> >> Then I checked in the other webbrowser (logged in as a regular user),
> and
> >> sure enough, I couldn't view the page.
> >>
> >> However, I then went to this address:
> >> http://domain.com/xwiki/edit/Website+Admin/
> >> and the regular user was able to edit the page!  which also includes a
> >> 'Preview' button, which shows them a View!
> >>
> >> not good.
> >>

> > After I removed ALL the rights to the AllUsers group, I noticed that
> > unregistered users are able to view the space.
> >
> > What happens when I add more groups to the wiki, will those users be able
> > view the space?  Or will they be covered by AllUsers?
> >
> > I don't find this intuitive... I haven't thought this through, but I
> > would've preferred to be able to switch OFF all rights, and then switch
> on
> > the rights to the users/groups I want to edit.
>
> Switching on some rights automatically has the effect of switching off
> the default rights, which means if a right is not explicitly granted, it
> is considered forbidden. Not very intuitive, I know.

That doesn't seem to be the case, as I said, I turned off some of the rights
(View), and yet another right (Edit) for the same bunch of users was still
allowed.  Switching off some of the rights did *not* have the effect of
switching off the default rights.

Or do I have to switch on some rights in order to get the behaviour you are
talking about?

thanks,
Paul