Hi Weihsing,

On Jan 28, 2011, at 2:00 AM, Weihsing Wang wrote:

> Hi, Vincent,
> How to set  up PHP on XWiki farm? Not my own server. Is it possible?
> Wei-hsing Wang

Since you asked for a wiki on myxwiki.org I guess the question is whether you
can use it on that farm. The answer is no. The reason is that we're not
allowing users to use script macros such as PHP, jython, ruby and groovy. Only
the Velocity macro is made available. The reason is that those script macros
are very powerful and anyone could easily break the security of the farm or do
dangerous things (like wipe all data on the server's hard disk for example).
Thus we've not giving programming rights to users on the myxwiki farm.

In the future we'll be working on defining a way to be able to restrict what
you can with programming languages so that only edit rights would be necessary
to use them in a "sandbox mode" but we're not there yet.

Right now the only way for you to use the PHP macro is by installing XWiki
Enterprise or XWiki Enterprise Manager on your own machines (and thus have
programming rights).

Sorry about that.