Hi,

Sorry for digging up this thread, but I'm facing the same problem.

I want to have a template page that allows the creation of other pages. For
example, I want to have a template page (ResearcherTemplate) that allow the
creation of Researchers.

What I tried to do was create a new page and add the following code:
$response.sendRedirect($xwiki.getURL($request.documentName, 'inline',
"template=${request.ResearcherTemplate}"))

but when I press "Save and View" I get the same error than Roberto: "This
document already exist"

Thanks in advance.

Best regards,
Luís Braga