On Wed, Mar 30, 2011 at 1:13 AM, Christopher Idryo <nn1...@gmail.com> wrote:

> Hi, I'm trying to install XWiki in the following way: I have a headless
> CentOS running on the cloud and a Macbook with SSH tunneling to the cloud
> machine. Because I'm new to setting up XWiki (or any wiki), I thought I'd
> try the Java installation first before attempting to set up all the pieces
> at once.

I'd suggest trying it on a local vm running in  Virtualbox/Parrallels on
your macbook at first,and then just installing it under tomcat on the Centos
box. Getting it running on a headless Ubuntu box took me about 2 hours the
first time, but after I had gone through it about 5 times it only took me a
few minutes for the final one before putting it into production. The steps
of getting more familiar with the install routine on each time I went
through it were well worth it.