Hi Maria -

There are other threads on list about using the "." character in page
names. Just do some searching.

This is a xwiki internal character used to separate a Space name from
the page ... something like:

  "MyCoolSpace.My Really Cool wiki page"

  "MyCoolSpace.My Really Cool other wiki page"

My understanding is you should simply avoid this conflict in your page
naming, it keeps things simpler.

This might have been fixed in recent releases not sure though, don't bank
on that being the case.

------
thanks
  kevin.foote